Monday, January 9, 2012

Introduction


I’m a lazy engineer dinosaur:
  • engineer because I enjoy solving problems;
  • lazy because, once I know how to solve something, I don’t generally care to re-examine it; and
  • dinosaur because much of what I know I learned a long time ago.
I started teaching engineering and computer science in 2011. The experience was energizing to me: I picked up on the students’ enthusiasm, and it grew inside myself. Within a few months, I had bought severalArduino boards; used my first IDE; used my second IDE (Netbeans); ventured into the Android SDK; dusted off my soldering iron
and built some prototype analog interfaces; and was generally having a blast playing with “modern” hardware and software. Coming from an old-school perspective (“we don’t need no stinkin’ GUI!”), I’ve had some interesting experiences, and thought others may find them useful. Hence, this page…

No comments:

Post a Comment